Friday 22 February 2013

I have a pencil at work, I keep Logistical records with it all day long, and so I sharpen it several times a day. But that's not my point . . .

     I've been very busy recently - I have - (Doug McMillan that is), what with a new Career within Logistics and a very healthy social life there's been very little time for one to write a Blog post; well that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

There's a wry kinda smile on the face here as I punch these keys into the ether of cyber space, I wonder - how many of you read this? I noticed, recently, that I have another follower on here, he found me again, and he knows who he is haha - thanks Bill ;-)

Also, someone has been +1'ing my articles on Google+ so I'd like to thank you for that, it's good to know - on a personal level, HA - that what is written also gets read and is appreciated (should I wink once more? Maybe not).

So, work and career is what's been unfolding here, and that's normal, we all have to have enough money to live on, yes? Of course if there's something that has to be written here then nothing can possibly stop it being written, how could it, that would be what unfolds - and so far what has been unfolding in this blog post hasn't said anything of a productive nature, but hey, who's to say that's right or wrong?

What is unfolding here within the writer right now is tiredness. One starts work early (do ya'like the impersonal style?), so one gets his arse outa bed at 5.00am Mon-Fri and one doesn't always get to bed as early as one should and therefore one ends up a little tired come Friday's. Nevertheless one is still inclined to waffle somewhat on this Blog!

Hmmm, now, anyone whom knows this writer's style knows that there is usually some point being made, even when the style appears pointless. Sorry to disappoint you, but on this occasion there really is a pointlessness to this post - and that of course is the point, the whole point and nothing but the point . . .

What am I saying? I'm saying that not everything has to have a point. We, Mankind, you and I are obsessed with purpose and meaning - and that's my pointless point here today.

Sorry? (I hear you ask.)

Exactly!

What is it within each of us that needs life (or a Blog post) to have a point to it? Who/what is it within you that is looking for meaning and purpose, hm - getting my point are you?


The person in you may well not like what I'm writing here - after all the personality thrives on thinking there's a purpose to everything - does it not? 'Surely there must be meaning', thinks the person, 'My life can't possibly be meaningless', and off it huffs with a despairing air of self-righteous beliefs and opinions never to return . . .

The point? The point is that whilst you think this is your life that is unfolding here then you'll, naturally enough, take everything that unfolds personally - even a few words like these in cyber space.

However, all that is really happening here is the unfolding of what is; nothingness is unfolding in and as form to experience the duality of existence, realise it's true nature as oneness (or not, as the case may be), and then carry on it's merry way . . .




. . and that's the point.


   

2 comments: